A world news website, featuring latest breaking world news and trends,
with a predictive element, that point to Tomorrow's news.
Status: Not Logged-in
A career with nextdaynews.org brings exciting opportunities and a very rewarding package that includes a generous Salary, expenses, bonus and share options.
We welcome applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will
be considered on merit. In the first instance, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org your article numbers and a note of the position
applied for (remember to include your full name, address, and contact telephone number).
PLEASE NOTE: We are pleased to receive applications directly from interested individuals. We regret that we are unable to accept applications or approaches from third parties or agencies.
There are vacancies available in all of the following five categories:
SUB-EDITOR (S) and CHIEF SUB-EDITORS
from our Editing Department.
Where is it based:
Chief Sub Editor who reports to the Senior Editor
Local and International
This is a 24/7 News Site. Hours will be allocated on rotating shifts.
The Sub-Editor will form part of a small local team who will assess Contributor's articles, ensuring full compliance with the format and content rules of the Site. Including, but not limited to, copy-editing, legal appraisal, viral testing, code anomalies, pixel-fection and video moles. Ad assessment to same standard and testing links.
The Role also includes:
Daily sub editing support across daily Front-Page mail-outs and newsletters, holiday cover for chief sub and fulfilling all copy requests across related departments, mobile, PR, international and marketing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Support the chief sub editor by writing copy requests for all marketing, PR and Freelancer support teams.
Support the chief sub editor by supporting newsletter and international copy teams
Factually check all copy published on NDN (apart from newsletters) including legal.
Sub edit all daily destination articles including video as well as site content, headers and mail features.
Work with chief sub editor to be a guardian of the NDN brand across all channels and local sites. Ensure it is consistent across all sites and channels.
Work with chief sub editor and content coordinators to maximise NDN global content syndication by helping to coordinate the publishing schedule.
Provide day-to-day support to other editorial teams and work with chief sub editor to give constructive guidance and help them to grow their editorial and creative skills by highlighting ways to improve their writing across site and social media.
Ensure key words and meta titles in CMS are search optimised and adhere to search best practices.
Sub edit all set headings and link copy in site-core templates.
What Success Looks Like:
Copy is search optimised, factually correct with consistent Predictive conclusions.
Content stands out in market because of its unique focus on future events.
NDN copy is more credible and authentic.
Skills and experience you will need:
Likely to have worked as a Sub-Editor or Deputy Editor on any news-gathering forum; magazine, newspaper or website.
Experience writing as demonstrated by the NDN portfolio.
Experience working in a daily environment with hectic production schedules.
Production and digital publishing experience, can use a CMS.
Experienced in communicating editorial vision through language and understanding what makes a News article compelling and unique to a broad-based international audience.
Has worked on multiple channels including social networks.
Can use a CMS.
A creative thinker who can bring editorial ideas to life through language. Can co-ordinate multiple flat plans and understand global editorial syndication. Who is plugged into the Web's fashion, celebrity and entertainment culture. Meticulous and organised, you can prioritise to get things done without sacrificing quality and consistency and demonstrates exceptional organisational and communication skills and has an understanding of SEO principles and Social Media. Some Legal training is desirable but not essential.
from our Administration Department.
To develop and implement a clear strategy for the Data team and the use of data, numbers and statistics to generate news stories, analysis pieces, blogs and fact checks for our Front Page top 12 articles.
You will take responsibility for commissioning and editing content for nextdaynews and research data blogs as well as managing the research needs of the graphics department and home and foreign news desks. With day-to-day managerial responsibility for a team of three sub-editors / researchers working on the data blog, you will also be responsible for data analysis and visualisation: using a variety of specialist software and online tools, including Tableau, ARCGis, Google Fusion, Microsoft Access and Excel.
Applicants should have extensive experience on a national/regional newspaper, website or magazine. You will have solid experience of using data, numbers and statistics in journalism to create content across different platforms. Experience of synthesising and presenting complex information in an appealing and innovative way and of working with infographic tools and a knowledge of coding are also required.
With excellent and proven editing and writing skills, you will have the ability to commission and edit compelling and accurate copy for our Front Page requirements which means working to tight deadlines as well as generate ideas.
The successful candidate should have wide knowledge of and interest in current affairs, domestically and internationally, politics, culture and contemporary affairs. Solid command of at least one foreign language, preferably either Spanish, Mandarin, French or German is highly desirable.
Home | About | Advertising | Terms & Conditions | Submit Content | Syndication | Contact
EMAIL MARKETING MANAGER
from our Marketing Department.
Seeking a data-driven and creatively focused Email Marketing Manager to oversee strategic planning, operations, and execution of the email program which is aimed at increasing customer loyalty and driving Readers, Contributors and Advertisers to the company website.
Additional areas of focus will include Front Page daily distribution, direct mail, CRM program development, and digital advertising.
- Writing email creative briefs, providing input on email creative sessions.
- Building customer segments and contact strategies.
- Deploying emails via online tool.
- Creating ongoing A/B testing.
- Analyzing data and providing implications to optimize performance.
- Monitoring list hygiene and deliverability.
- Creating triggered life-cycle campaigns.
- Reviewing industry best practices.
- Maintaining email calendars.
- Ensuring synergies with corporate business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-5 years in an email marketing role a MUST.
- Knowledge of email newsletter systems and Google Analytics.
- CRM & digital advertising experiences are strong plusses.
- Knowledge of direct marketing and client list fundamentals.
Home | About | Advertising | Terms & Conditions | Submit Content | Syndication | Contact
CORPORATE ADVERTISING EXECUTIVE
from our Advertising Department.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this role is responsible for the coordination and delivery of nextdaynews advertising strategy.
This highly consultative role requires:
Key responsibilities include:
- Outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Well developed organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to balance exceptional levels of attention to detail with strategic thinking and commercial savvy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Management of Corporate Advertising needs.
- Development of media liaison.
- Management of key department input relating to design and implementation.
- Development and Management of all artwork.
- Liaison with NDN's international offices and syndication outlets to ensure the appropriate and consistent usage of corporate logos, brands and images.
Tertiary Degree in Marketing.
Previous experience in media planning and buying.
Experience in collateral management.
Demonstrable experience and competence in the management of large and complex media budgets.
Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills
Attention to detail.
The ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment.
Previous experience within an event or promotions-based environment.
General understanding of market research and its application.
from our Accounts Department.
Responsible for entering all relevant financial data and preparation of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties as the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the department. Any major change would first be the subject of discussion and agreement.
- Entering data in Purchase and Sales ledgers Managing Contributor payments.
- Chasing up unpaid Corporate Ad accounts.
- Banking of monies received. Account reconciliations.
- Currency margins.
- Investigation of variances.
- Assisting the accountant with audits and preparation of reports.
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts.
- Assisting with payroll.
- Directing and supervising the work of the bookkeepers.
- To attend training as and when required.
- To accept any minor additions or deletions in the above responsibilities as may, from time to time, be necessary in the fulfillment of the job function.
Person Specification - Senior Bookkeeper
All Accountancy positions will be subject to stringent back-ground checks and follow-up on all given references.
- Experience of using SAGE.
- Experience of book keeping to trial balance.
- Understanding of accruals and prepayments.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of VAT accounting.
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Payroll experience.
- Qualification in bookkeeping Level 2.
- Qualification in bookkeeping Level 3.
- High level of numeracy and literacy and good IT skills.
ALL positions can only be filled by existing Site Members who are also Contributors who have submitted a minimum of 30 articles. This ensures that ALL applicants have already demonstrated thorough familiarity with the working of this Site and bring a ready-made portfolio to their new position.